Thursday, May 29, 2014

A 41-year career comes to a close

My dad's retiring this year. This Friday is his last day as a teacher in Dinuba Unified School District.

I didn't think I would feel much when my dad retired, but it's hitting me in a weird way - positive, but strange. He has said that he is similarly surprised about the experience. He is not usually comfortable with long, lingering goodbyes, but with his retirement, he's told me, he's enjoyed some significant moment with many of his colleagues.

A friend and fellow teacher and volleyball official, Craig Tomlinson, put together this collage for him. It is really remarkable to see pictures from so many yearbooks, and images that capture his personality and style all put together like this.

I'm proud of ya, Dad! You inspire me!



Update:
Maybe this better-resolution photo of the collage is easier to enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment